Activities & Future Steps
- Trainings for the capacity building of library staff.
- Launch of Innovative Literacy Programs.
- Book fairs in collaboration with the Pakistan Book Seller Association.
The core functions of PLF include:
- Reviewing the needs of the libraries and disperse funds to meet those special needs.
- Framing policies for the development & promotion of libraries in the province.
- Arranging preservation of rare published material and manuscripts.
- Supporting activities for the promotion of libraries, advancement of library science and co-operation among libraries.
- Preparing bibliographies.
- Arranging trainings for capacity building of library staff.
- To create standards for library services, book stocks, building and equipment.
- To advise Government on legislation and other actions for the promotion of library services in the province.